Dino & Kidz Crafts
A Cool Ice Cream Craft with Sprinkles on Top!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! An ice cream cone with sprinkles and a cherry on top? Yes please! The children at Dino & Kidz have been asking a lot lately about ice cream. Maybe it’s the cold temperatures or maybe it’s just because it is just about everyone’s favourite treat? Either way, we knew we had find a way to make ice cream at our Brampton Centre! And even though it wasn’t a real ice cream cone, the children were just as excited to make them. The only catch was that they couldn’t eat them, just pretend. Dino & Kidz Crafts Approved!
- coloured construction paper (including brown)
- White liquid glue
- popsicle sticks
- coloured sprinkles
- markers or crayons
1. Cut out the cone (ice cream cone) shape out of the brown construction paper. If your child (children) have good scissor skills, they can cut it out themselves.
2. Cut out an ice cream scoop in the colour of your choice. This is basically a circle shape but with a flat bottom. You could get creative and make the bottom have a squiggly cut to it, resembling real ice cream.
3. Now it’s time to put the ice cream scoop onto the cone. Use the white glue to glue the scoop on top of the top half of the cone.
4. Next we need to put the cherry on top. Cut out a small circle out of red construction paper and glue it on to the top of the ice cream scoop.
5. This is where it gets fun and maybe a little messy! Have your little one apply glue, using the popsicle stick, to various spots on the ice cream scoop. Now you can bust out the sprinkles and have them spread the sprinkles over their ice cream.
6. Lastly, using the crayons or markers, you or your child can draw the lines on the cone to make it look like a white cone, a sugar cone or even a waffle cone. And then your ice cream is all ready to devour!
Look at all those tasty treats!