Dino & Kidz Crafts
Preparing a Paper Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza right? Similar to pasts, it’s one of those foods that you can customize it just the way you want it and well, it’s totally delicious. My kids love having homemade pizza night where they can literally make their own pizza. We wanted the children at Dino & Kidz to have fun with pizza as well so we made paper ones, just to keep it safe! And just like at home, each child make their own specialized pizza, perfect for eating (well, pretend eating). Dino & Kidz Crafts Approved!
- coloured construction paper (including brown)
- White liquid glue
- popsicle sticks
1. Cut out a large round circle out of the brown construction paper for the base/crust.
2. Cut up various coloured pieces of construction paper, in different shapes. These are for the pizza toppings. They don’t have to be the exact shape of each food item, the shapes will suffice here, the kids will use their imagination of what each piece is.
3. Sort the coloured cut out shapes once you have cut them up, into coloured shape piles.
4. Have your little one apply glue, using the popsicle stick, to random spots on their brown paper pizza crust.
5. Now comes the fun part, let your child apply the coloured shapes to their pizza crust as they desire. They can use the crayons to do some additional creativity to their pizza, like cheese or sauce!
6. Voila! You have a masterpiece of a paper pizza! Bon Appetit (pretending, we don’t really want to eat this pizza).
We hope you enjoy this craft as much as the Dino & Kidz children did!